Wednesday, May 18, 2011

The First Step of Faith

Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. (Hebrews 11:1)
 So I'm taking a step of faith, and committing to going to Swaziland in October.  Someone had to drop out of the trip, so I decided to step up and help where I can.

I'm excited for what God is going to do through this experience, helping Children's Cup in a country where, according to the CIA Fact Book:
More than one-fourth of the population needed emergency food aid in 2006-07 because of drought, and more than one-quarter of the adult population has been infected by HIV/AIDS.

So I saw the need to say "I will go!" to help others in need. The only thing keeping me from Swaziland? The cash to go (for now).

I got a bunch of emails with the usual travel information, forms to fill out, and passport recommendations, along with the timeline for payments and when they were due. And as I looked at those dates, I realized that this would take much more faith than I first thought (what a funny thing to say, right?).

My first $1200 payment for this trip is due on May 30th.

I read that and my jaw dropped. Doing the quick math, I have less than two weeks and need to raise $100/day just to get the first payment out in time! I'm already in a situation where I know there is no way I can do this on my own and MUST trust that God has a plan that I don't understand.

Better yet?

I think that the harder the circumstance, the larger the miracle God provides. It's only when we are at our lowest, when we feel like a lump of clay, that we can be molded the right way. It's that point where our body goes limp, and God can move our hands and feet when we can't.

The other incredible thing?

God can use YOU!

A donation of any kind can help change children's lives. Your donation is tax-deductible as well. Here's a few different ways that you can support my trip and Get Andy To Swazi:

  • Donate Via PayPal:



  • Send Checks (payable to Children's Cup, put "Andy's 2011 Swaziland in the memo) or Cash to:
    • Andrew Youso
    • 1320 N 5th ST
    • Ponca City, OK 74601
  • Please Pray!!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More